Resource type: Blog
How designing an app can create new growth for your business
Designing a bespoke app used to be the preserve of big businesses. But today, more and more small businesses are finding that, not only are apps much more cost effective to develop, they can also help to generate vital new growth and reach out to new markets.
In the UK, over 80% of us now have smartphones and it has been estimated that we interact with our phones more than 200 times a day. The smartphone has become the place where we spend a significant part of our day, emailing, social networking, reading the news, shopping and much more. Apps, rather than websites, have become the ‘go to’ format for smartphone users, offering better functionality and a better user experience.
Innovative small businesses have found that using an app to give your business greater visibility on people’s smartphones can have some big benefits:
- It increases engagement with your customers
- It boosts repeat online visits to your business
- It permits a wider variety of online transactions
- It builds brand loyalty and brand recognition with your target market
- It can help you stand out from your competitors
- Push notifications help you to communicate more regularly with your customers and promote new products and promotions.
So, if app development is an area that your business hasn’t considered so far, then now could be a perfect time to review how they might help you achieve your business goals and build a stronger relationship with your customers, to give you that vital competitive edge.
Access the How to Develop Your Own App Guide or watch the How Businesses can use Digital Technology to Develop a New App or Online Service video from our Knowledge Bank.