Resource type: Blog
Your website must harness the incredible power of video
One of the most eagerly anticipated movie releases ever was Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Six months prior to release, Disney posted a trailer for the movie online. Within 24 hours it had been viewed 88 million times.
And when a second online trailer appeared, Disney saw their stock market value leap up by over two billion dollars – before anyone had even seen the movie!
We are at the leading edge of a revolution in the way people consume information on the web, one that is being led by the growth of online video.
The good news for all businesses is that you don’t need Hollywood blockbuster budgets to benefit from this powerful marketing weapon. The price of even high quality, professionally shot video has never been more cost effective.
Many businesses will have someone in their team who is able to create competent videos suitable for simple tasks such as product demos and presentations. The professionals can then be reserved for video footage that demands higher production values.
Every day, more evidence emerges to prove that video is not a “nice to have.” It generates real cash. These figures were quoted recently on hubspot.com…
- Including video on your landing page can increase your conversion rates by up to 80%.
- Shoppers who view online video are twice as likely to make a purchase versus non-viewers.
- Four times as many people would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- 50% of internet users will search for a video about a product before they visit the store.
- 80% of consumers say that they find video demos helpful.
- 92% of consumers who view video on their mobile devices will share them with friends.
This trend will accelerate over the coming years, as superfast broadband becomes more widely available, consuming video on the move becomes a way of life, and video becomes the ‘international language’ of the web.
You only need to browse the websites for news providers such as the BBC and The Independent, to see the degree to which text is now being supplanted by video.
Make sure that your business is fully aware of the possibilities that this exciting new development offers. And if you are not yet using video on your company website – then now would be a perfect time to start!
Go to this link to see a powerful online video all about….the power of online video: