Superfast Business Cornwall – Online Business Adviser Remuneration: £20-24,000 + Pension Office: Plymouth Employer: Serco
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and commercial sectors.
Superfast Business Cornwall (SFBC) is part of Serco’s Employment Skills and Enterprise division and funded by the European Regional Development Fund. From June 2016 to March 2019 Superfast Business Cornwall offers SMEs across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly a tailored programme of high quality information, advice, and specialist ICT support as well as grant funding. It aims to boost business competitiveness through increased understanding and exploitation of digital technology.
The role of Online Business Adviser is the first point of contact for this service to help businesses understand how digital technology can be used to develop new markets, reduce costs, develop new products/services and enable remote working and communicating .
The successful candidate will require a good understanding of businesses and technology This role is fully funded by ERDF.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Proactive follow up of enquiries to determine eligibility for support
- Identify business needs and identify opportunities for growth via a diagnostic to assess the effective use of digital technologies
- Following diagnostic, make referrals to appropriate support i.e. workshop booking and 1-2-1 support from Business Adviser
- Signpost businesses to online resources and knowledge bank
- Carry out website reviews using diagnostic tools
- Ensure the business we support are offered other business support via the Growth Hub
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in an honest, ethical, bias free manner
- Deliver an inclusive service in line with Serco values and contractual requirements
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Experienced gained in a similar advisory role
- Excellent communication, listening, influencing and negotiating skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels (written and verbal) both internally and externally
- Ability to deal with client enquiries and deliver a high standard of customer service
- Either a degree or equivalent level qualification or experience of management in a small to medium sized business.To see more details of the service visit our website
- If you are interested in applying, follow the link