The Valley Cottages are led by award winning (Cornwall 30 under 30) Alex Horsfall and the site is hidden away in thirteen acres of garden and woodland at the heart of Cornwall lies an oasis of serenity, a unique collection of luxury self-catering holiday cottages that offers the perfect escape at any time of year.
The Valley is seeking a formal costed quote, along with a proposed delivery plan, of the types of services that you might be able to supply matching the brief detailed below for its Booking Solution. The system is to improve and add value and offering to their clients and customers for their booking experience.
Summary The Valley invites quotes from suitably experienced organisations with abilities and a proven track record in booking system design, implementation and systems integration. The successful organisation will work in partnership with the in-house delivery team to implement the chosen solution be this a bespoke open source development or an off the shelf application.
The Booking System should be of responsive design and is expected to be accessed on mobile devices and should give the same experience irrespective of the device accessing the system.
The system will need to provide basic Customer Relationship Management (CRM) functionality and recording of data such as name address, contact information for both visitors to The Valley and of private owners of some of the cottages.
Each customer should have a unique reference and be able to be linked to a unique booking reference. The system is envisaged to be provided in two distinct areas; the Front End Booking Process and the Back End.
The Valley – Front End Booking Process
The booking system needs to provide the following requirements as a minimum:
- The solution needs to be integrated with The Valleys website
- Provide a smooth booking tunnel with imagery built in around booking pages
- Ability to enter discount codes
- Email sign up which goes into booking system
- Ability to see availability
- Login for customers to access, current and historic bookings
- Ability to purchase add-ons through and after booking
- Ability to take on-line payments
The Valley – Backend Requirements
The booking system needs to provide the following requirements as a minimum for The Valley team:
- Easy way to book summary of bookings
- Ability to enter and change bookings
- Ability to change prices
- Ability to add and change things in the booking process
- Ability to add add-ons and edit costs for them (or apply discounts)
- Yearly booking chart detailing occupancy with ability to click through
- Address book containing guest details
- Segmented guest details which can be exported
- Ability to add extras and discounts in to a booking
- Housekeeping charts and lists
- Ability to charge owners with automatic charges when bookings go in their cottages
- Ability to create owner statements
- Ability to see all outstanding payments and generate emails from it
- Ability to export all information
- Ability to print summaries of certain pages, weekly guest list, housekeeping charts etc
- Ability to edit almost everything within the booking system
- Fair value system whereby bookings are automatically allocated into cottages with lowest revenue full integrated into the Booking system
- Integration with Silverpop Marketing system – this involves putting code onto the booking process and within the booking system to allow tracking and automatic syncing between systems
Finance and On Line Payment
The Valley are reviewing a financial system. It is expected that the solution would integrate with a system such as Xero (https://www.xero.com/uk/). Xero is an online accounting software for small businesses who use this to manage invoicing, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping and more.
As a minimum this should have the capability of an export/import facility to minimise any double keying of information\data entry.
We would also like to integrate the On Line payment system provided by Sage and would like to have costed recommendations from you on this element.
Reporting & Dashboards Reports and Dashboards will be required to analyse business performance and site occupancy.
It is preferable that these would be designed and after initial instruction given to The Valley team to complete further reporting and dashboard requirements.
There will be a basic data export required and we will need guidance from the developer on how this information should be prepared to be imported correctly.
Deliverer Profile The supplier will need to demonstrate:
- An ability to work with The Valley to ensure the development of accurate briefs that meet requirements
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and provide suggestions for alternative solutions that still meet requirements
- A task and finish approach to project management
- Ability to keep accurate records and keep us informed at regular intervals of costs and to keep within budget
The successful organisation will be awarded a Contract, which is expected to commence in May 2017.
This would be subject to performance reviews and applicable procurement rules. The indicative value for the contract is £10,000.00 (plus VAT).
Intellectual Property All Intellectual Property created by the successful Supplier in the course of performing the Services or exclusively for the purpose of performing the Services shall ultimately rest with The Valley.
Quote Process Interested organisations are required to submit a response against the question set below:
Q1. Please detail your organisation’s skills and experience in delivering the type of activity detailed in the request for quotation. Please include examples where similar developments have been delivered successfully previously.
Q2. Please provide details of the relevant professional experience of staff that will be involved in delivering the service
Q3. Please provide an outline plan for undertaking this work including expected time to start and finish including user testing time.
Q4. Please provide a brief description of how the development process works and how any communications would work with The Valley operational staff i.e. face to face phone e-mail web ex or conferencing tools such as Facetime\Skype.
Q5. How will you evidence value for money and how will you charge for your services? Please provide examples of costings and explain if your rates are hourly or costed based on an estimate following an agreed specification of work required.
Please ensure all responses are limited to 500 words per question. Responses will be weighted as follows: Q1 15%, Q2 10%, Q3 30%, Q4 30% Q5 15%
Please return your completed quotation to Alex Horsfall, firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on Wednesday 19th April. Please put in the email subject line “Booking System”.
Please direct any questions you have about this quote or the process to the same email address using the email subject line “Booking System”. The last time and date for clarification questions by 17:00 on Wednesday 12th April.
Contract Award Following the review of systems organisations may be asked to demonstrate an understanding of the systems with a potential demonstration of the proposed solution before a decision is made.
Please note that The Valley Cottages is submitting a funding application of which if successful the project is part funded by ERDF.
The Valley Cottages reserves the right to withdraw from the procurement at any point in time during the procurement process.
The Valley Cottages is committed to creating an environment where there is mutual respect, honesty and equality of opportunity for all. We expect suppliers to share and demonstrate this commitment in their policies and practices.