Superfast Business Cornwall are looking for keynote speakers to present to Cornish businesses at their event on Technology for Communications in October 2017.
What digital technologies can businesses harness to communicate and grow?
Thursday 19 October 2017 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Goonhilly Earth Station, Helston TR12 6LQ
About Superfast Business Cornwall – offers a tailored programme of high quality information, advice and digital development. It aims to boost business competitiveness through increased understanding and exploitation of digital technology. The service runs until March 2019 and is fully funded by European Regional Development Fund so there is no charge for eligible* SMEs, start–ups and social enterprises to participate.
Please see www.sfbcornwall.co.uk for more information.
As the best connected rural area in Europe how can businesses in Cornwall and Isles of Scilly capitalise on the roll out of Superfast Broadband to enhance their communications, operate more flexibly and work more collaboratively through digital technology.
This event will look at the practical business benefits of communications technology now and in the future and how businesses can best use new and existing technology to grow and remain competitive.
- Technology communicating with Technology
- Technology communicating with people and people communicating with technology.
The day will run from 10am to 4pm and include:
- Keynote speakers
- A tour of Goonhilly Earth Station
- Show and tell with local suppliers
- Networking opportunities
- Digital Surgery with our SFBC digital business advisers
Small and medium sized enterprises based in Cornwall who want to explore how to make technology work for them, are interested in improving their use of existing technologies and want to plan for maximising the benefits of technology in the future.
Content and examples must all relate to the practical benefits that small businesses can exploit.
Aspirational ideas must still be relatable using small business anecdotes or hypothetical applications.
We expect to have up to 100 businesses attending.
SPEAKER TIME AVAILABLE:
45 minutes including 15 minutes Q & A
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
An engaging, upbeat and lively presentation including PowerPoint/visuals to tell a story and give useful tips and take away information for the attendees on the following themes:
Examples of the topics we are looking to cover are:
- Current and future communication and collaboration technologies for developing relationships via technology with customers and colleagues. Looking at what is best suited to improving how small businesses communicate and collaborate.
- The benefits of Artificial Intelligence for SMEs
- How Big Data can benefit smaller businesses
- Virtual Reality applications
- Internet of Things – the existing and potential opportunities that machine to machine communications brings
NB: It is important that the presentation is rich with examples and takes into account the audience – thought provoking but giving practical and manageable examples and uses for small to medium sized business, social enterprise or Start-up Company, from a range of sectors.
Focus should be B-2-B rather than B-2-C although we understand the edges are blurred. When using examples, B-2-B should be the focus.
Some sectors are excluded from SFBC Support because of the nature of the funding so examples in the following industries should also be avoided: agriculture and fisheries, manufacture of synthetic fibre or textiles, banks and insurance companies including brokers, primary production and processing and marketing of agricultural products, coal/steel and shipbuilding, provision of social welfare facilities such as nursing homes, day nurseries, generalised school age education. Retail such as bars restaurants /wholesale are excluded unless they can trade online. Professional services such as estate agents, recruitment agents, accountants, lawyers, tourism are all grey areas that can be supported but with caveats so again not the ideal examples.
We will undertake promotional activity before, during and after the event and will ask for activity information to be shared through social media channels. Speakers will be willing to have press photos taken, take part in a video interview on the subject area for use in the SFBC Knowledge Bank and short articles for us to use in marketing and promotional activity.
Please supply us with a written quote stating:
- A description of the services on offer
- If you are representing a speaker agency, please provide a shortlist of possible relevant speakers (including references of past similar presentations where possible, i.e. links to YouTube Videos or references from previous clients) Please also include links to any LinkedIn and Twitter profiles of supplied speakers
- A breakdown of costs, including VAT and travel
- A quote for additional short articles for use in marketing and other promotional activity.
Please note, in order for us to process fees or expenses we will need to set you up as a vendor on the Serco Payment system and we will need to take details of the trading status of your business.
Please send your quote to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘030-2017-S-SFBC Event Speaking’ in the subject box. There is no set deadline for applications but we are keep to onboard a speaker/speaker agency as soon as possible. Procurement will stay open for a minimum of 2 weeks